Accessing the BrightTALK presenter screen is easy! Just follow the below steps!
If you are a Channel Manager, you can access the presenter screen by clicking Manage for your upcoming talk, followed by Launch BrightTALK presenter screen.
If you are a presenter, you should have received the presenter instructions from the event organizer. Visit https://www.brighttalk./presenting and enter the PIN number provided in the instructions. Once entered, you’ll be able to Launch BrightTALK presenter screen.
*Note: Each presenter must use their own BrightTALK account to access the presenter screen. If you do not have an account, join now.
When you launch presenter screen, you will have the option to either Enter as presenter, if you intend to present to your live audience or Enter as observer, if you intend to assist the presenter with their live talk. If you simply would like to view the talk, we recommend joining as an audience member instead. For more information on the differences between presenters and observers, click here.
When entering as a presenter, you’ll see a camera preview box, along with controls to switch off camera, mute your mic, use virtual backgrounds and access device settings. You'll also be able to test your system*. When you’re ready to proceed, click Enter presenter screen.
With virtual backgrounds, the image for the presenter using it will look flipped, however it looks correct for the audience and other presenters when they see you
You can present to your live audience using your webcam, slides, video, and screen share; which can be found on the bottom of the presenter screen. Click on each of the links above for detailed instructions. You can begin your live talk with any of the media types mentioned. Use all media types available to ensure maximum audience engagement!
You can choose between various layouts to better engage your audience while presenting a live talk by clicking Change layout on the bottom right of the presenter screen and selecting one of the following options:
- Gallery: all presenters displayed in equal size in a grid view
- Full: content or active speaker displayed in full view
- Sidebar: content or active speaker side-by-side with all presenters
- Split: content side-by-side with active speaker only
On the right-hand side panel, you will find a list of interactive features that can be used during your live Talk:
- Manage live audience questions
- Send a message to all live attendees
- Launch a polling question to your live audience
- Upload files or links for your live and on-demand audience
- Talk details
- Review the details of your talk
- Presenter controls
- See all active presenters and observers
- Co-presenter chat
- Communicate with co-presenters anytime
In the below video you will learn how to use all of the features available in the live event player:
When you’re ready to go live, click Start Talk on the bottom left of the presenter screen and confirm. The timestamp will inform you how much time has elapsed. When you are ready to end your live talk, click End talk and confirm.
Helpful presenting notes
- During your talk, if you are speaking and your mic is muted, you'll see a notification on the top left of your screen.
- If you exceed the scheduled duration, you will be able to extend your talk by 15 minutes each time. Note that a talk cannot exceed 4 hours in duration.
- If you have any technical questions during your live event, you can live chat Support starting 30 minutes before scheduled start time, found on the bottom right of the presenter screen.