This article explains how the 'categories' feature works on Virtual Events and how you can get the most out of it.
- What are categories?
- How do I add/edit/remove categories?
- How do I add sessions to categories?
- Can one session be in multiple categories?
What are categories?
Categories are a way of grouping, segmenting, and/or filtering the content in your Virtual Event. Here are some common examples of how BrightTALK Customers use categories:
- Grouping by "Day": If you plan on having your event run over multiple days, we recommend creating categories for each Day (i.e. "Day 1", "Day 2", etc.). This will make it easier for your audience to view and filter your event's agenda.
- Grouping by "Track": Depending on how wide of an audience reach you are aiming for, you may want to group your content into specific "Tracks" to help your audience understand what sessions they should prioritize attending. Tracks could be role-based such as "Executive Track" or "DevOps Track" or Theme-based like "Cloud Computing Track."
- Grouping by "Topic": If you plan on covering a wide range of topics on your Virtual Event, it may be a good idea to use categories to clearly identify which content will be covering which topics.
- Grouping by Timezone or Geo: It's possible you may be running a Global event with dedicated sessions for different Geos or Timezones (i.e. North America, EMEA, etc.). To make it easier for your audience to identify the right sessions for them, we recommend using categories for each region.
How do I add/edit/remove categories?
To add/edit/remove a category, follow these steps:
1. From your BrightTALK Central Account, click "Virtual Events" on the left-hand navigation
2. Find your event and click the "Manage" button next to it (note: if you can't find your event, make sure you are not filtering by "Status" on the right-hand side).
3. On the next page, click on the "Edit Details" button:
4. You will now see a "Details" area where you can change things like the title, description, and date of your event. If you do not need to make any changes here, please click the "Proceed" button on the bottom right.
5. You will now see the "Page design" section where you can change things like the images or branding colors. If you do not wish to make changes here, click "Proceed" on the bottom right.
6. This page is the area where you can add/edit/remove a category:
a. To add a category: click the green "Add category" button on the bottom left
b. To edit a category: click the 'pencil' icon next to the category name
c. To remove a category: click the 'trashcan' icon next to it.
Note: You are required to have at least one category.
How do I add sessions to categories?
For information on how to add (or remove) sessions from categories, please see this article.
Can one session be in multiple categories?
Yes, one session can be in as many categories as desired.