You may want to upload a pre-recorded piece of content (video) into your BrightTALK Channel so that it can be used to increase organic traffic, run replays, publish on-demand content or do video play-ins during a live talk. Below you will find instructions on how to do this:
How to upload a pre-recorded piece of content (video) into your BrightTALK Channel
1. From your Channel's content listing, click on the "Upload a video" button:
2. On the following page, either drag and drop a video file into the top box or click the button and add one. Note: The file must be a .mp4 or a .mov type and not be larger than 5 GB.
Once you've added your file, it will begin to upload. A few notes about the upload:
- The speed of the upload is based on your network bandwidth as well as the size of the video file (larger files take longer).
- Once the upload begins, you'll need to stay on this screen until it completes. You'll know it's complete once the progress bar goes away and it says "processing"
- However, you can continue populating the rest of the form while you wait (you can even hit "proceed" at the bottom which will save your video details).
Populating the form
Once your video begins uploading, you can populate the rest of the form. A few notes about some of the key fields on the form:
- Upload feature image: There are two options for selecting a featured image. The first option "Select video still" allows you to scroll through your video and find a specific frame to select (timecode is in hh:mm:ss:xx). The second option "Upload image" allows you to upload a 16x9 image.
- Public/private: This setting determines whether or not your video will appear in your public Channel feed. Videos set to "private" will not be listed publicly- so we recommend using this setting for anything you don't want to expose to your audience.
Once your ready, click "Proceed" to advance the booking form.
If your video is still uploading, you'll need to wait until it finishes before progressing.
Video uploading FAQs
Q: Is your video feature image not uploading?
There are two common issues that can prevent your video feature image from uploading:
- Firstly, you need to ensure that you have provided a 640 x 360 pixel image. All other image dimensions will fail to upload.
- Secondly, your image file name be causing the issue. Try to rename the image file to something more basic i.e. "image.jpg" or "picture.png" and then try again. Some special characters in the file name may cause the video feature image upload service to fail - only alphanumeric characters are accepted.
Q: Is my video auto-published once it completes processing?
Yes- once your video finishes processing it will be "published." That said if you set it to "Practice(private)" it will not be visible to your audience.
Q: What is the output quality of the video upload?
We support up to 720p (1280x720). If your file is larger than 720p (1080p,4k, etc) it will be downgraded to 720p.
Q: What are the recommended file specs for an uploaded video?
For optimum results, please ensure that your uploaded video is encoded to the following compression guideline:
- Video codec: H.264
- Video format: MP4
- Frame rate: 25 or 30 FPS
- Data rate: 2000 kbps
- Resolution: 1280x720
- Audio codec: AAC
- Data rate: 128 kbps
- Sample rate: 44.1 kHz