Below you will find a list of some of the most frequently asked questions about presenting. If you have any questions outside of this list, we suggest looking through the articles in preparing to present and presenting a webinar sections in Knowledge Base. If you can't find an answer to your question, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Where can I find step-by-step instructions on how to present a webinar on BrightTALK:
- Instructions on how to present and dial into the webinar should be emailed to you by the Channel owner/organiser. If you have not received them, please contact the Channel owner who invited you to speak.
- If you have been invited to present a talk, please use the link below and enter your PIN to proceed to the presenter screen.
NOTE: Each presenter must use their own BrightTALK account to access the presenter screen. If you do not have an account, join now.
- We also have a few articles that should be helpful:
Q: Can I present on my phone?
You cannot present on a mobile device, the BrightTALK platform only supports desktops. For more details, check out What do I need to present on BrightTALK and Presenting a webinar: audio & dialling in.
Q: What browser do I need for presenting?
You will need to ensure that you have Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge (Chromium) browser installed to present
- Download Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/
Q: How many presenters can you have on a webinar:
You can have up to 9 presenters on your Talk. Any additional presenters will be unable to enter the presenter screen once the limit has been reached.
- Presenters can see and hear each other at any time before the live event by logging into the presenter screen. The audience will not be able to hear/see presenters until "Start talk" button is pressed.
- Each presenter has equal control over every feature of the BrightTALK player. When presenting, it is recommended to have a brief meeting prior to the live day to determine which presenter will control the slides, questions and votes.
Q: Can I mute another presenter's mic during a live talk?
You have access to other presenters' microphone and camera controls under the Presenter controls menu item on the right hand side of the presenter screen. There, you'll see a list of active presenters as well as any observers present:
NOTE: Both observers and presenters have access to presenter controls.
Each presenter's individual controls are located at the top of the presenter screen.
Q: How early can viewers log-in to a webinar:
The audience can log-in 5 minutes before the scheduled start time of your webinar. The audience will be able to view a BrightTALK video on webinar viewing tips until presenters hit the ‘Start presenting’ button.
What happens if my webinar does not start on time:
- Your webinar will not be live for the audience until your presenter clicks on the "Start presenting" button in the presenter screen.
- While presenters may occasionally start a few minutes late, keep in mind that the countdown for the remaining duration of the event begins at the scheduled start time. This means you have less time to present if you begin later than scheduled.
How long do I have to present?
BrightTALK webinars have a maximum duration of 180 minutes (3 hours) that can be extended by 15-minute increments up to a maximum of 240 minutes (4 hours), after which your talk will shut down automatically.
Can I end my webinar early?
Yes, you can. To end your talk early, you just need to click the “End Presenting” button to the bottom left of your webinar presentation window. You will be prompted to confirm you want to end your live talk.