How can people find my Series page?
Series pages can currently be found in two different ways:
- Direct link: Once you create your Series, you will be given a direct link to your Series page. This can be found by clicking "Manage" next to your Series in BrightTALK Central, then clicking on the "Series page URL" button
- Content player page: When an audience member is watching content that is in the Series on brighttalk.com, they will see a feed of other episodes in the Series on the right-hand side.
Note: If your content is in multiple Series, the right-hand feed will always display the one it was added to most recently.
How can I enable/disable the 'Featured' content section?
The featured content section, which displays either the next upcoming webcast in the Series (if there is one) or if none, the most recent content, can be enabled or disabled in BrightTALK Central:
If you are creating a new Series:
- Follow the steps in this article:
- When you reach the second step (Page design), tick or untick the "Feature content section?" box to control this feature. (Ticked = enabled, Unticked = disabled).
If you are updating/editing an existing Series:
- From the Series side navigation item in BrightTALK Central, click "Manage" next to the Series you wish to update/edit.
- Then click "Edit details"
- Proceed through the first step and then on the second step, tick or untick the "Feature content section?" box to control this feature. (Ticked = enabled, Unticked = disabled).
How is the 'Featured' content selected?
If enabled, the "Featured" content block on the Series page will always display either the next upcoming webcast in the Series (if there is one) or if none, the most recent content.
How does the "Register for all" button work?
If you have upcoming content in your Series, audience members will be given the option to "Register for all." When clicked, this will register them for all upcoming content. A few notes on this:
- If an audience member clicks "Register for all," then you later add more upcoming content to the Series, they will not be automatically registered for that new content.
- On-demand content is completely ignored by this feature. That content can just be viewed normally (1 by 1) by the audience member.
Can my Series be 'private'?
Series pages cannot be private- meaning the page will always be discoverable on BrightTALK.com and content on the page must be "public" and published.
If you need to unpublish your page (i.e. make it completely inaccessible to all users), please see the Series: Management and Promotion article.
How do I unpublish, hide, or delete a Series page?
If you've created a Series but no longer want the public page to be accessible, you can unpublish that Series page by following these steps:
- Select "Series" from the BrightTALK Central side navigation
- Click the "Manage" button next to the Series you wish to modify
- Then, on the following screen, click "Edit details"
- From this screen, find the setting for "Published" and change the toggle to "Unpublished"
- Click the "Proceed" button down at the bottom to save. Your page will now be unpublished and no longer accessible.
Note: It may take up to 2 minutes for this change to reflect